Saturday, August 11, 2012

Deer Vetch and Alyce Clover

As I've mentioned previously here and here, earlier this year I planted a mix of Joint Vetch and Alyce Clover in two small bottoms near the creek that forms part of the southern boundary of Chaplin Bend Farm.  The plan was to establish good warm-weather food plots in a secluded spot for my deer.  But I've been disappointed with the progress in those plots:  the stuff I planted took a long time to germinate and the weeds really took over in the meantime.  But all is not lost:  even though its taken most of the summer, the vetch and clover is now beginning to come along.





With any luck they'll get to seed before the first frost and I'll be able to mow the plots to set up re-seeding next Spring.  Here's hoping!


No comments:

Post a Comment