Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Cabin

I've been working on the design of a cabin for the last couple of years, ever since I bought my previous farm in Henry County, KY.  Now that I've bought Chaplin Bend, the cabin project is moving along quickly.  I hope to break ground before the end of the March 2012.

The cabin will be a weekend retreat for my wife and me.  We hope that from time to time our grown children and friends will join us, but most of the time it will just be the two of us.  So we've designed the cabin to be very comfortable for two but with plenty of places for family and friends to sleep when the join us.  Here's the floor plan:

Chaplin Bend Farm has several great building sites with great views on the upper part of the farm.  It took me several months to decide where to build, but I've finally picked the spot, high on a ridge, protected from view by a slightly higher hill, with a great view to the East, West, and South.  To maximize the view, I've designed the cabin with multiple windows in the Family Room and a wraparound covered porch.

I'll let you know when we get started and will post plenty of photos during the construction process.

1 comment:

  1. That porch is going to need some music, preferably of the Kentucky variety!

    ReplyDelete